CDL-A, OTR - Hazmat/Tanker Company Driver- Sulphur, LAI'm Interested
Ergon is a company that works.
We’re family owned and operated, brought together more than six decades ago in the petroleum industry’s service sectors. Driven by the values of hard work, customer service, reliable supply and quality products, we’ve grown steadily and strategically over the years to become a well-diversified organization.
We specialize in the transport of products with rigorous handling requirements, sensitive temperature requirements, critical delivery timing and crucial safety precautions. The company transports a diversity of products, including crude oil; lube oils; asphalt and emulsions; as well as specialty oils, caustics and chemicals.
We are a liquid tank carrier looking for OTR Hazmat/Tanker drivers within a 50-100 mile radius from Sulphur. This position will work out of our Sulphur, LA terminal hauling petroleum and asphalt products. Must have valid CDL with Tank and Hazmat endorsements to qualify.
Compensation & Benefits:
- 24% of load pay (75K - 90K annually)
- Direct Deposit
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Safety bonus up to $2,000 per year
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Paid holiday & vacation time (two weeks after first year)
- Health and dental care starting after 30 days
- Uniforms provided
Routes & Schedule:
- Home time - Out and back freight so we try to get you home weekly if possible but no guarantee depending on freight movement and time of year.
- Late model Peterbilt and Kenworth with manual transmissions
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
- Valid CDL A with Tank and Hazmat endorsements
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last 36 months
- Must be 23 years old
- No drug or alcohol convictions in the last 10 years
- Able to pass DOT drug test and physical.
- No felonies
- Must meet all FMCSA guidelines
- Prefers drivers to have less than 3 jobs in the last 5 years
|Equipment Requirements:||Company Will Provide Equipment|
|Product being transported:||petroleum and asphalt products|
|Type of License:||CDL A|
|Type of Power Unit / Truck Used:||Conventional Tractor|
|Trailer Type:||Other, tanker|
|Special Endorsements:||Hazmat, Tanker|
|Minimum Experienced Required:||2 Years|
|Type of Schedule:||Home every 2-3 nights per week, Home every couple of weeks|
|Type of Run / Travel Range:||Long Haul - OTR (48 states), Regional (South Central)|
|Type of Haul:||Fuel, Hazardous Materials (HazMat), Tanker|
|Type of Work:||Secure and Unsecure Load|
|Type of Pay||Per Diem Pay - $24, Pay Per Load / Percent of Line Haul - 25, Weekly Pay|
|Special Bonuses||Employee Referral Bonus, Sign On Bonus - $3500|
|Paid Time Off||Paid Orientation, Layover Pay, Leave of Absence, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time|
|Health Insurance||Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug|
|Employee Assistance Programs||Legal Advice|
|Savings / Flexible Spending||Direct Deposit, Health Care Savings Account (HSA)|
|Performance Recognition||Safety Bonus|
|Equipment Provided||Ez Pass / Pike Pass / Toll Road pass|
|Operating Support||24/7 Dispatch, Breakdown / Roadside Service, Terminal Services, Uniforms, Take Truck Home Program, Tolls / Scales Reimbursement|
Ergon Trucking, Inc., specializes in the transport of products with rigorous handling requirements, sensitive temperature requirements, critical delivery timing and crucial safety precautions. The company transports a diversity of products, including crude oil; lube oils; asphalt and emulsions; as well as specialty oils, caustics and chemicals.
From the well to the refinery, from the refinery to the processor, from the pipeline to the distributor, or from plant to plant, Ergon Trucking delivers safe, reliable service at a competitive price.
We hire Independent Contractors as well as Company Drivers. We look forward to speaking with you!