CDL-A, OTR - Hazmat/Tanker Ind. Contractor - Shreveport, LAI'm Interested
Ergon is a company that works.
We’re family owned and operated, brought together more than six decades ago in the petroleum industry’s service sectors. Driven by the values of hard work, customer service, reliable supply and quality products, we’ve grown steadily and strategically over the years to become a well-diversified organization.
We specialize in the transport of products with rigorous handling requirements, sensitive temperature requirements, critical delivery timing and crucial safety precautions. The company transports a diversity of products, including crude oil; lube oils; asphalt and emulsions; as well as specialty oils, caustics and chemicals. Must have valid CDL with Tank and Hazmat endorsements to qualify.
We are a liquid tank carrier looking for OTR Hazmat/Tanker drivers out of our Shreveport terminal (preferably within a 500 miles radius) hauling petroleum and asphalt products.
Compensation & Benefits
- Average 200-300k gross yearly
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- up to $6,600 in Safety/Operations bonuses
- 65% of load pay
- 85% of demurrage pay (paid weekly with loads)
- Permits paid
- Offer insurance options if needed
Routes & Schedule
- Most loads are out and back with flexible schedules
- Frequent home time, don't require multiple weeks on the road
- 100% of fuel surcharge
- Fuel discounts with various vendors
- Free truck washes
- Electronic logging at no cost
- Paid tolls and EZ Pass
- Roadside assistance
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment
- Must have valid CDL with Tank and Hazmat endorsements
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last 36 months
- Must be 23 years old
- No drug or alcohol convictions in the last 10 years
- Able to pass DOT drug test and physical.
- No felonies
- Must meet all FMCSA guidelines
- Operates under Ergon Trucking Authority
- While each truck is evaluated individually, we typically will sign-on trucks that are 2007-2020
- Prefers drivers to have less than 3 jobs in the last 5 years.
- No pets or riders
|Equipment Requirements:||Must Own Equipment|
|Type of License:||CDL A|
|Type of Power Unit / Truck Used:||Conventional Tractor|
|Trailer Type:||Other, tanker|
|Special Endorsements:||Hazmat, Tanker|
|Minimum Experienced Required:||2 Years|
|Type of Run / Travel Range:||Long Haul - OTR (48 states), Regional (South Central)|
|Type of Haul:||Hazardous Materials (HazMat), Tanker|
|Type of Pay||Pay Per Load / Percent of Line Haul - 65%|
|Special Bonuses||Employee Referral Bonus - $1200, Sign On Bonus - $5000|
|Savings / Flexible Spending||Direct Deposit|
|Performance Recognition||Performance Bonus, Safety Bonus|
|Perks and Discounts||Tire Discounts, Free Truck Washes, Fuel Surcharge / Discounts|
|Equipment Provided||Ez Pass / Pike Pass / Toll Road pass, Permits|
|Equipment Insurance||Non-Trucking Liability / Bobtail Insurance, Collision / Physical Damage Insurance, Occupational Accident|
|Operating Support||24/7 Dispatch, Breakdown / Roadside Service, Terminal Services, Tolls / Scales Reimbursement|
Ergon Trucking, Inc., specializes in the transport of products with rigorous handling requirements, sensitive temperature requirements, critical delivery timing and crucial safety precautions. The company transports a diversity of products, including crude oil; lube oils; asphalt and emulsions; as well as specialty oils, caustics and chemicals.
From the well to the refinery, from the refinery to the processor, from the pipeline to the distributor, or from plant to plant, Ergon Trucking delivers safe, reliable service at a competitive price.
We hire Independent Contractors as well as Company Drivers. We look forward to speaking with you!