CDL A OTR Refrigerated Owner Operator NationwideI'm Interested
Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) is partnering with OTR Refrigerator Owner Operators to haul fresh and frozen temperature controlled freight throughout the lower 48 states. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years, Midwest Refrigerated Services is a growing leader in LTL refrigerated transportation and storage. We are partners in the business of refrigerated transport – and we take pride in the role we play in putting food on the table for millions of Americans every night. The Owner Operators that we partner with are some of the most skilled in the industry. In addition to getting product safely from point A to point B, they are independent, confident, and represent our customers well. Discover the MRS difference!
- No Forced Dispatch!
- Consistent steady outbound lanes; driver manager coordinates backhaul
- Paid 85% of your gross line haul revenue when pulling your own 53 foot reefer trailer
- Paid 75% of your gross line haul revenue when pulling a MRS company trailer
- Weekly gross pay average: $4,000
- Additional Pay:
- Drop Pay: $100 per drop, after the 1st drop
- Detention Pay
- Layover Pay
- Lumper or driver unloaded – all paid!
- Recruitment Bonus: $1500, $500 at 30 days, $500 at 60 days, $500 at 90 days.
- Competitive fuel surcharge schedule
- Calculated weekly and paid directly
- 100% when pulling your own trailer
- 90% when pulling a MRS company trailer
- Fuel tax calculated by MRS and credited or deducted monthly
- Weekly pay settlement via direct deposit or check
Benefits & Perks
- Discounted MRT Group truck insurance offered
- Discounted insurance through settlement deductions available
- Fuel cards with huge fuel discounts; all fuel discounts passed through to Owner Operator
- Permits: IFTA Permit, NY HUT, and other permits supplied
- Base plates (use your own or get plates through MRS)
- Washout and spotting charges are reimbursed
- Company paid inspections
- $400 Weekly Comdata card for advances, lumpers
- Rider Program: Eligible after 90 days
- Spouse or companion: 18 years or older
- Child: under 18 years old, approval required
- Pets: No breed or size restriction; $500 security deposit required
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home Time: Schedule and shift preferences are determined by the Driver so you will see great flexibility with your schedule and wonderful home time in this role. Drivers are home weekly and typically recieve 2-3 days of consecutive home time; no guarantee with every weekend off.
- Route: Over the road across the lower 48 states
- Level of Touch: 50% drop and hook, 50% load and unload. Lumper or driver unloaded; Live unload
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a valid CDL A license
- Must have a minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience; minimum of 1 year refrigerated experience is preferred
- No DUI/DWIs or reckless driving charges in the last 5 years
- Operated under MRS authority
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen
- Hiring Radius: Nationwide with the exception of the following states: TX, LA, MT, NM, NV, CA
Midwest Refrigerated Services, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Partner with us today and discover the MRS difference!
Current Owner Operator Testimonials:
"I have been with MRS almost 2 years now. The best thing here at MRS is that they treat their drivers, Company & Owner Operators, like people and not just a number. It's like one big family here! If you have any issues, Safety is always there for any questions you may have. The other O/O's are always there to help as well. The equipment for both O/O's and Company trucks & trailers speak for themselves! We ALWAYS get noticed running down the road! MRS has been very accommodating and will help you out in every way they can to make it the best for you here at MRS!" - Craig M.
|Equipment Requirements:||Must Own Equipment|
|Type of License:||CDL A|
|Type of Power Unit / Truck Used:||Conventional Tractor, Semi-truck / semi-trailer truck|
|Minimum Experienced Required:||2 Years|
|Shift:||Other:, Weekend Outbounds/Hours Vary|
|Type of Work:||Load and Unload, Combination Touch/No Touch Freight|
|Type of Schedule:||Home weekends|
|Type of Run / Travel Range:||Long Haul - OTR (48 states)|
|Type of Haul:||Dry Van / Non-perishable Goods or Materials, Refrigerated, Other Commodities|
|Type of Pay||Pay Per Load / Percent of Line Haul - 85, Weekly Pay|
|Health Insurance||Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug|
|Savings / Flexible Spending||Direct Deposit|
|Perks and Discounts||Free Truck Washes, Fuel Surcharge / Discounts|
|Equipment Provided||Ez Pass / Pike Pass / Toll Road pass, GPS, Satellite Radio, Permits|
|Operating Support||24/7 Dispatch, Terminal Services|
11225 West County Line Road
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53224
Carrier Type: LTL
Family owned and operated for more than 60 years, Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) based in Milwaukee, WI is a full service 3PL company providing integrated frozen and refrigerated logistics and distribution services for the food industry. We operate one of the largest fresh/frozen 48 state LTL consolidation pools in the upper Midwest with more than 120 trucks! MRS has multiple sites with freezer and cooler storage, distribution, and cross dock services.
We’re in the business of refrigerated transportation and storage…but what we do goes beyond that. We know that the products we store and haul have an important destination. It’s the dinner table on a Sunday night. It’s the banquet table at a wedding. It’s the grill at the tailgate. Our team is proud to support some of the household names that your family puts on the dinner table every night. Our customers trust us to act as an extension of their team and protect their brand through every step of the supply chain.
We are the experts in refrigerated transportation and storage and we're constantly looking for ways to be faster, safer, and more efficient.