CDL A or B Local Hazmat Driver in S. Plainfield, NJI'm Interested
As a Clean Harbors professional driver, you will perform duties associated with industrial/environmental cleaning, hazardous waste pick up/disposal, emergency response, and site remediation while working in all types of weather conditions. The assignments will require you to operate the following units: Vacuum Trucks (Cusco/Guzzler), Roll offs, Box Trucks, Tankers and Van trailers and assist with Field Technician duties as required.
At Clean Harbors we are passionate about providing premier environmental, energy, and industrial services.
If you enjoy driving coupled with a variety of different types of assignments, this role is for you! As a member of our safety conscious team, you will perform work that truly makes a difference – not only in people’s lives but also in protecting the planet. Change your life for the better and join our team today!
Home Daily, Career Growth Opportunities, Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Average weekly pay: $900 - $1,400 gross per week (hourly rate + overtime)
- $21.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Additional Pay:
- Overtime available after 40 hours
- Per diem pay for travel
- Driver Referral Bonus: $4,000
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits, eligible the 1st of the month after 30 days:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with 50% match up to 6%; eligible after 90 days of service
- 8 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick, 3 days PTO – 18 days total
- Paid Vacation: 2 weeks accrued
- Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Orientation
- Wellness programs, including weight loss programs and fitness membership reimbursements
- Cell Phone
- Safety and Service Awards
- Access to a benefits hub with over 1,100 discounts available ranging from retail, trave, sporting goods, etc.
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home Time: Home daily
- Schedule: Mon-Fri with occasional Saturday work. Start times between 6 am - 8 am.
- Route: Will travel to local customer sites, usually up to100 miles from S. Plainfield, NJ
- Level of Touch: Includes loading, unloading and other physical labor associated with cleaning, pick-up and disposal of hazardous waste
- Manual transmission
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class B CDL
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience driving a Class B commercial vehicle preferred
- Tanker endorsement preferred
- Hazmat endorsement preferred, must obtain upon hire
- Previous environmental/field service industry experience is an asset
- Must be able to travel and be on call for emergency response.
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements, be knowledgeable of and adhere to DOT and hazardous waste regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Hiring Radius: within 30 miles of S. Plainfield, NJ
We thank all those interested in partnering with Clean Harbors; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered.
We are a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
|Equipment Requirements:||Company Will Provide Equipment|
|Product being transported:||Hazardous waste|
|Type of License:||CDL B|
|Type of Power Unit / Truck Used:||Tanker, Conventional Tractor, Class B Vehicle, Straight Truck, Specialized, Dry Van, Other, Vacuum Trucks|
|Trailer Type:||Other, Roll-offs|
|Minimum Experienced Required:||1 Year|
|Shift:||Day shift, 8 hour shift, Weekend work required occasionally, Overtime required (>40 hrs/wk), 1st shift|
|Work Week:||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Dispatch Start Time:||Dispatched between 6AM - 8AM|
|Type of Work:||Load and Unload|
|Type of Schedule:||Home daily|
|Type of Run / Travel Range:||Local (100 miles from South Plainfield, NJ)|
|Type of Haul:||Hazardous Materials (HazMat), Dry Van / Non-perishable Goods or Materials, Tanker, Other Commodities|
|Type of Pay||Per Diem Pay, Salary (Annual or Hourly Rate) - $22.00, Weekly Pay - $1200.00|
|Special Bonuses||Employee Referral Bonus - $4000.00|
|Paid Time Off||Paid Orientation, Leave of Absence, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time|
|Health Insurance||Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Domestic Partner Benefits|
|Disability and Other Insurance||Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance|
|Employee Assistance Programs||Legal Advice, Drug and Alcohol Counseling, Child Care, Elder Care|
|Wellness Programs||Smoking Cessation, Weight Management, Health Club Memberships, Fitness Programs|
|Savings / Flexible Spending||Direct Deposit, Health Care Savings Account (HSA), Dependent Care Account (DCA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)|
|Training and Development||Paid Training Programs, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Performance Recognition||Performance Bonus, Safety Bonus|
|Equipment Provided||Ez Pass / Pike Pass / Toll Road pass|
|Equipment Insurance||Cargo Insurance, Liability Insurance, Non-Trucking Liability / Bobtail Insurance, Collision / Physical Damage Insurance|
|Operating Support||24/7 Dispatch, Breakdown / Roadside Service, Uniforms|
42 Longwater Drive
Norwell, Massachusetts 02061
Carrier Type: Private
Phone: (833) 323-7483
Carrier Website: https://careers.cleanharbors.com/search/jobs?q=&cfm2=Drivers&cfm2=Equipment%20Operator&ns_tile=drivers-and-equipment-operators
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental and industrial services. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of Fortune 500 companies. Its customer base spans a number of industries, including chemical, energy and manufacturing, as well as numerous government agencies. These customers rely on Clean Harbors to deliver a broad range of services such as end-to-end hazardous waste management, emergency spill response, industrial cleaning and maintenance, and recycling services. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is North America’s largest re-refiner and recycler of used oil and a leading provider of parts washers and environmental services to commercial, industrial and automotive customers. Founded in 1980 and based in Massachusetts, Clean Harbors operates throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.