CDL A OTR/Regional Dry Van Driver in Columbia, MOI'm Interested
American Central Transport is looking for CDL drivers to run consistent freight throughout the regional Midwest. ACT focuses on paying competitively, providing consistent home time, and offering great benefits. They have been named one of the Best Fleets to Drive For 4 consecutive years! Come join the family today!
NEW PAY PACKAGE & MORE CONSISTENT HOME TIME TO FIT YOUR NEEDS!
- Competitive starting base pay rate with annual increases
- Drivers average $63,000 gross per year
- Total compensation comprised of CPM base pay (short miles) and a mileage bonus up to a maximum of $.05 CPM
- Average of 2,300 – 2,500 miles weekly
- All miles paid, loaded and unloaded
- Minimum guarantee first 8 weeks - $1,100 per week; contingent upon being available for 5 consecutive days of work, excluding orientation.
- Detention Pay - $200 per day (up to 10 hours)
- Layover Pay - $150
- $4,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Driver Referral Bonus - $1,500 paid over 90 days. Refer 6 or more drivers and receive an additional $500 per referral
- Mileage Bonus - $100 for 8,500 miles, $250 for 9,000 miles, $350 for 10,000 miles, $450 for 11,000, and $600 for 12,000 miles
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits through United Healthcare beginning the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
- $10,000 Life Insurance Policy with free Telemed doctor access
- Flex spending for medical & childcare expenses
- 401K with 4% company match, vested on Day 1
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Perks: wellness programs
- Take your truck home program
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home Time: 6 days every month – you pick which days! Guaranteed home time on the weekend!
- Schedule: Very flexible as you choose when you’re home!
- Route: Throughout Central Midwest and Southeast Regions
- Level of Touch: No touch freight – drop & hook only
- Hiring Area: Anywhere in the state of Missouri
- T680 Kenworth's with upgraded memory foam mattresses & Freightliner Cascadias! Carrier Inverters & APU's in all trucks!
- Automatic and manual transmission trucks
- Governed speed: 65 mph
- Must be at least 22 years of age
- Must have a CDL A license
- Must have a minimum of 9 months verifiable OTR tractor trailer experience
- No DUI or DWI convictions in the past 7 years.
- No DOT preventable accidents in the past 18 months
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen
- Driver should live within the state of Missouri
ACT Named One of the Best Fleets to Drive For 4 Consecutive Years! We have also been recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work For in Transportation by Women In Trucking. At ACT, our standards are high and so is our pay. We strive to fill every company truck driver job with a seasoned professional who is looking to build a long-term, profitable career with us. We offer a great freight base, year-round productivity and the opportunity to provide the kind of income and benefits your family deserves.
Driving for ACT is about RESPECT & SUPPORT for the job you do & PAYING YOU WELL for doing it. Let's talk about bettering your life by driving for ACT. We are a company that works hard to support our drivers, while you work hard to support your family.
|Equipment Requirements:||Company Will Provide Equipment|
|Product being transported:||Just in time (JIT) consumer goods freight|
|Type of License:||CDL A|
|Type of Power Unit / Truck Used:||Conventional Tractor, Dry Van, Semi-truck / semi-trailer truck|
|Minimum Experienced Required:||Less than 1 Year|
|Type of Work:||Drop and Hook only (bumping docks), No touch freight (bumping docks)|
|Type of Schedule:||Home weekends|
|Type of Run / Travel Range:||Long Haul - OTR (48 states), Regional (Midwest)|
|Type of Haul:||Dry Van / Non-perishable Goods or Materials, Other Commodities|
|Type of Pay||Mileage Pay, Mileage Bonus, Per Diem Pay - $0.11, Weekly Pay - $1211.00|
|Special Bonuses||Employee Referral Bonus - $1500.00, Sign On Bonus - $4500.00|
|Supplemental Pay||Breakdown Pay, Extra Pickup Pay|
|Paid Time Off||Paid Orientation, Delay Time Pay, Layover Pay, Paid Vacation|
|Travel Companion Programs||Spouse / Partner - must be 18, Children - under age 18 must wait 30 days, Pets - dogs only under 40 lbs. with deposit, Other Passengers - must be 18; no more than one at a time and approved by safety|
|Health Insurance||Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug|
|Disability and Other Insurance||Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance|
|Employee Assistance Programs||Legal Advice, Drug and Alcohol Counseling|
|Wellness Programs||Smoking Cessation, Weight Management|
|Savings / Flexible Spending||Direct Deposit, Health Care Savings Account (HSA), Dependent Care Account (DCA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)|
|Training and Development||Paid Training Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Military Apprenticeships, Mentoring Program|
|Performance Recognition||Performance Bonus, Inspection Bonus|
|Equipment Provided||Ez Pass / Pike Pass / Toll Road pass, Permits|
|Equipment Insurance||Cargo Insurance, Liability Insurance, Non-Trucking Liability / Bobtail Insurance, Collision / Physical Damage Insurance, Occupational Accident|
|Operating Support||24/7 Dispatch, Breakdown / Roadside Service, Terminal Services, Take Truck Home Program, Tolls / Scales Reimbursement|
8731 Ne Parvin Rd
Kansas City, Missouri 64161
Carrier Type: TL
American Central Transport (ACT) is a premium service truckload carrier serving major shippers throughout the eastern half of the United States. Major shipping points include Kansas City, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Houston, Des Moines, Minneapolis, Columbus, and Memphis. Our team of professional drivers is among the best in the industry demonstrating service that is second to none and consistently and safely meeting agreed upon delivery schedules over 99% of the time.
ACT has a long standing reputation as a best place to work and is known for its culture, values, commitment to safety, people, quality and exceptional service.
Voted Best Workplace for:
- Pay Package
- Driver Satisfaction
- Driver Retention
- Company Programs
- Safety Record
- Strong Culture and Values
As a member of the ACT team, drivers will enjoy:
- Nothing but the best equipment - T680 Kenworth's with upgraded memory foam mattresses & Freightliner Cascadias!
- Medical insurance - Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Flex spending for medical & child care expenses
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) retirement pay
- Dental, Life, Vision & AD &D insurance, Short term disability, Term Life Insurance
- Free rider authorization
- Pet rider options